HOMECOMING CANDIDATES — NRHEG’s 2012 Homecoming candidates are, front from left: Kiley Beenken, Maddy Schwierjohann, Raelin Schue, Dana Jensen and Paige Bolduan. Back: Casey Rosacker, Nic Mangskau, Dustin Burshem, Brad Claycomb and Riley Schue. (Star Eagle photo by Chris Schlaak)
By JIM LUTGENS
Homecoming royalty candidates have been selected at NRHEG High School. They are:
• Kiley Beenken, Geneva, daughter of Jim and Tammy Beenken. She has two older siblings, Alex and Jady. She’s involved in fall and winter competition cheerleading and a class officer.
• Paige Bolduan, New Richland, daughter of Dennis and Melissa Bolduan. She has two brothers, Brandon Jensen and Tyler Bolduan. Post-secondary studies take up most of her free time these days.
• Dana Jensen, Geneva, daughter of Wayne and Diane Jensen. She has a brother, Brady, and a sister, Tara. She’s involved in cheerleading and student council.
• Raelin Schue, New Richland, daughter of Troy and Chris Schue. Her siblings are Cali Hammett and Riley Schue, and her activities include volleyball, basketball and track.
• Maddy Schwierjohann, Geneva, daughter of Tammy and Jeff Busho, and Lee and Sherry Schwierjohann. She has siblings Macoy, Spencer and Logan and she’s involved in band, choir, golf, cheerleading and the Panther Press.
• Dustin Burshem, Ellendale, son of Doug and Brenda Burshem. He has sisters Steph and Jenna and he competes in cross country and wrestling.
• Brad Claycomb, New Richland, son of Jerry and Teresa Scott. His siblings are Marissa, Zack and Cameron Claycomb and his activities include football, baseball and wrestling.
• Nic Mangskau, Geneva, son of Dave and Shelly Mangskau. Brothers are Matt and Mark. Activites include football, basketball and baseball.
• Casey Rosacker, New Richland, son of Troy Rosacker, and Carley and Boyd Kempe. He has brothers Cory, Jordan, Jaden and Ethan and sister Aleena. He plays football and baseball.
• Riley Schue, New Richland, son of Troy and Chris Schue. His sisters are Raelin and Cali. He’s involved with FFA.
Coronation is set for Monday, Oct. 1 at 7:30 p.m. in the NRHEG High School gymnasium in New Richland. Parades are Friday at 12:30 p.m. in Ellendale and 2 p.m. in New Richland. The public is invited to a pep fest in the high school gym at 1:30 Friday.
Festivities will be held at the school each day throughout the week, culminating with the football game Friday at 7 p.m. between the Panthers and St. Charles.