Coronation, talent show highlight NRHEG Snow Week
WINTER ROYALTY — Snow Week runs Feb. 3-8 at NRHEG High School. Pictured here are the Snow Week candidates for 2014. Front from left, Kendra Grothem, Morgan Staloch, Makayla Vangen, Jordyn Wobschall, Hannah Lundberg. Back: Ross Chester, Tyler Logan, Spencer Anderson, Nicholas Altermatt, Jimmy Phillips. Coronation is Monday, Feb. 3 at 2:15 p.m. and the talent show is Friday, Feb. 8 at 12:30. Both are open to the public. (Star Eagle photo by Nicole Billing)
By JIM LUTGENS
Last year, Snow Week was a big hit at NRHEG High School.
So they’re doing it again.
This year’s mid-winter festivities are set for the week of Feb. 3-8.
The public is invited to two events, coronation on Monday, Feb. 3 and a talent show Friday, Feb. 8.
Coronation will take place Monday at 2:15 p.m. in the high school gym.
• Kendra Grothem, New Richland, daughter of Pete and Jen Grothem
• Hannah Lundberg, Ellendale, daughter of David and Karen Lundberg
• Morgan Staloch, Hartland, daughter of Matt and Tammi Staloch
• Makayla Vangen, Geneva, daughter of Chip and Michelle Vangen
• Jordyn Wobschall, Geneva, daughter of Shannon and Stacy Wobschall
• Nicholas Altermatt, Ellendale, son of Dan, Linda, and Teri Altermatt
• Spencer Anderson, Clarks Grove, son of Mark and Sherry Anderson
• Ross Chester, New Richland, son of Matt and Rhonda Chester
• Tyler Logan, New Richland, son of Jay and Beth Logan
• Jimmy Phillips, New Richland, son of Ryan and Beth Phillips
The talent show is Friday at 12:30 in the high school gym.
Dress-up days are planned for each day of the week.
The week will culminate with the Snow Week Dance Saturday night from 8-11 in the high school gym. The dance is semi-formal — no jeans allowed. Cost is $3 per person or $5 per couple.
Last year's Snow Week was a lot of fun!” said event coordinator Sandy Schumacher. “The Talent Show was great; we have some very talented young people here in our school. If you're free on Friday afternoon, we encourage the public to come and watch. We hope the students will have a fun and safe week and we encourage them to dress up for the dress up days and attend the dance on Saturday night!”