Have you updated your family tree? We are fortunate enough in the Hanson family to have Kathy Underland and her husband spend hours trying to keep track of all the leaves on the family tree.
It gets harder as more children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren are added. We sometimes forget to tell Kathy about our new facts of life.
How important is a family tree? More and more as we seek out our roots, limbs and leaves that make up our heritage.
It is hoped that as the tree grows the children will value all her hard work even more.
Too often leaves grow and fall and then blow away and it is hard to retrieve them again and know how they have enriched the environment.
Speaking of our environment, I am glad to see efforts are being made in regards to drugs. Why do people get so addicted to something so lethal? I don’t know why some otherwise intelligent people do. I also think sometimes we have a tendency to overdo legal drugs too.
It is possible, like other things we learn when very young, that too often we try to care for maladies in life by popping a pill or jabbing a needle for the purpose of care, cure or pain relief. It is so easy to take a pain killer if a head aches or pain bothers you. Medical personnel ask where your pain level is and offering relief, not harm, will present a pill.
Does that carry over to illegal drugs? If legal drugs make me feel better, why shouldn’t one believe there is relief in illegal drugs? For that matter, watch television and listen to the propaganda concerning drug supplements and consider the side effects they now have to provide. Why would anyone want to take anything so lethal when the side effects can be more devastating than the reason for taking them?
Another reason may be the Adam and Eve temptation. If it is forbidden, does it make it more attractive? Do you feel like a legal drug addict, addicted to pills provided by a doctor?
They are finding more and more contradictory reasons to take or not to take. It gets really confusing!
Did you know many of our drugs are made in China? I don't mean the Chinese drugs. I mean the drugs prescribed for us in our country. I guess I would feel better if they were made in the United States. I don't know why. It just seems like they should be American made. It doesn't mean they aren't as good, but there is something to be said for, "Made in the USA."
— — —
Some of our Star Eagle readers have commented they like to read about events such as family and school reunions, birthdays and anniversaries, and birth and wedding announcements. In order to read about these important things we need our faithful readers to pass along the information to us.
Also if you have an idea for a story that you think would be of interest to our readers, please contact me.
Birthdays and anniversaries:
• Thurday, August 4th: Madysen Grace Waage, Karen Edwardson Loge, Harold Jensen, Bryce Ingvaldson, Terry Vaith, Ryan Wangsness, Michael Hanson, Tom Lang, Bethany Cooper, Rachel Reichl, Gary & Kathy Reichl
• Friday, August 5th: Wayne Schimek, Corey Wangsness, Gabriella Lynn Olson, John Ramlo, Annette Thostenson, Jennifer Broskoff Dutton, Andrea & Kane Malo, Christopher & Kristen Hanson, Tom & Kari Wayne
• Saturday, August 6th: Lynn Nechanicky, Rick Cook, Matthew Miller, Andy & Mary Lerberg, Wendell & Connie Kuehn
• Sunday, August 7th: Shelly Mangskau, Zachery Vangen, Lori Titus, Dylan Waltz, Jack Jensen, Dakota Wayne Heideman, Kaityn Quimby, David Arbogast, Darren Casper, Allen Wacek, Tom & Katie Marlin
• Monday, August 8th: Ian Matthew Wayne, Luke Wangsness, John Vander Stoep, Jamie Walworth, Kathy Born, Scott Crabtree, Jessica Marcus, Sharon Miller Jensen, Barb O'Conner, Gary Peterson, Emily Jensen, Marc Collins, Matthew Swift, Don Gould, Mya Glienke
• Tuesday, August 9th: Aaron & Mickki Heimer, Linda Wayne, Steven LeRoy Christensen (1952), Cherie Halla, Karen Holmes, Amber Nordland, Angie Reichl, Dustin Jepson, Sierra Ellen Misgen, Josiah Jeffrey Schei, Christopher Quentin Haberman
• Wednesday, August 10th: Jovey Kathleen Knudson, Lynn Arends, Linda Weckwerth, Teresa Wright, Jeff Olson, Vernon Cornelius, Michelle Brandt, Richelle Butler Chapman, Melisssa Cornelius Large, Dustin Dobberstein, Thayne Nordland, Ross & Kathie Lein, Steve & Kathy Nelson, Darrin & Linda Stadheim
• Thursday, August 11th: Nicole & Daniel Burns, 2012; Nicole & Dallas Loken, Brian Broulik, Vicki Humburg, Jeremy Kaiser, Mike Plunkett, Kris Simon Freitas, Sharon Sorenson, Kim Anderson Schneider, Brian Thostenson, Irvin Jensen Jr., Kevin Avery, Luke Clark Wangsness, Pagie Sophia Kromminga
• Friday, August 12th: Linda & LaVerne Stieglbauer, Shawna Robertson, Tessa Christensen, Kristine Schroeder, Cindy Oswald, Cindy Nelson, Cynthia Crabtree, Thomas Smith, Ross Swearingen, Genie Hanson, Amy Tasker
• Saturday, August 13th: Dennis Deml, Tim Enzenauer, David Haddy, Bob Brandt, Lisa Dummer, Megan Dummer, Janet Hope, Kellie Petranek, Sylvia Jepson, Saxton Chad Ritz
Hope you have a day filled with things that make you smile!
There are times I make mistakes regarding birthdays and anniversaries because of information I don’t know. Please look at it as a reminder that though they may no longer be with us, it is nice to remember they once were and celebrate their birthdays and anniversaries.