We recently started a new year, and when a new year is upon us, many of us try and adopt New Year’s resolutions.
I realize that 13 days of the new year are already behind us, but I recently learned something from Mayo Clinic doctors I feel is an important thing we all need to start doing. We need to drink more water.
Remember when we started carrying a bottle of water with us wherever we went? It may have been a fad back then, but it has been determined it is an important thing that we all need to do.
A cardiologist at Mayo Clinic has determined that heart attacks can be triggered by dehydration. It is important for each and every one of us to start carrying a water bottle with us wherever we go. Many people carry liquids other than water, which is not the same thing. Good, clean water is what our bodies need.
Even though many folks do not want to drink anything before they go to bed because they will have to get up during the night to use the restroom, it is important that they start doing just that.
Drinking one glass of water before bed helps people avoid stokes or heart attacks!
I am sure that many of you wonder why you need to urinate so much at night time.
If you ask your cardiac doctor he will tell you that gravity holds water in the lower part of your body when you are upright. That is why your legs may swell.
When you lie down, the lower part of your body is level with your kidneys, which makes it easier for your kidneys to remove the water, which contains toxins, from your body.
Believe it or not, there is a correct time to drink water. The cardiac specialists have determined that drinking water at a certain time maximizes its effectiveness on our bodies.
We should start drinking two glasses of water after we wake up in the morning. That water helps activate our internal organs.
We should also drink one glass of water 30 minutes before meals. That glass of water helps the digestion of the food we eat.
We should also drink one glass of water before taking a shower or a bath. It helps lower blood pressure.
We should also drink one glass of water before going to bed. That glass of water before bed not only helps our bodies avoid strokes or heart attacks, but it also helps prevent leg cramps.
I know that I used to complain about having to get up during the night to go to the bathroom, but I won’t complain anymore. If drinking a glass of water before I go to bed will help me avoid suffering a stroke or heart attack, I will do it and I hope that you will too!
— — —
Some of our Star Eagle readers have commented that they like to read about events such as family and school reunions, birthdays and anniversaries, and birth and wedding announcements. In order to read about these important things we need our faithful readers to pass along the information to us.
Also, if you have an idea for a story that you think would be of interest to our readers, please contact me.
— — —
Birthdays and anniversaries:
• Thursday, January 14th: Brooke Sorenson Krohn, Darla Hagen Matthees, Christine Hanson, Skyler Cromwell Lembke, Jenna Marie Abbott, Mark Langlie, Ryan & Kerri Wagner
• Friday, January 15th: Steve Bailey, Paul Christensen, Emily Crabtree, Angela Borchert, Brian Farr
• Saturday, January 16th: Carter Howard Hanson, Kiley Beenken, Craig Bailey, Remi Wayne, Joshua Crabtree, Joni Groth, Jeff Kaplan, Tracy Tracy, Melissa Wagner, Emily Bedker, Tena Bryce, Jeremy Anderson
• Sunrday, January 17th: Ava Elizabeth Schember, her 8th; Blake Michael Born/Norday, Don Anderson, Jan Bartsch, Annette Busho, LuAnn Johnson Prescher, David Strenge, Mike Peterson, Brayden Broitzman, Kayley Camerer
• Monday, January 18th: Madilyn Hamilton, Deb Bohnoff, Todd Holland, Julie Bunn Hunt, Annie Miller, Tabatha Miller, Mark Misgen, Vicki Babb, Ruth Neidermeier, Garret Schley & Ellie Schley
• Tuesday, January 19th: Brian Wayne, Laura (Otterson) Ortiz, Dennis Grunwald, Steve Jon Christensen, Barb Wayne Heyer, Kent Johnson, Thomas Kasper, Francis Misgen, Peter Spande, Dick Ewing, Dick & Laurie Swift
• Wednesday, January 20th: Brentson Lange, Jim Krause, Marc Nelson, Jenna Nicole Cooper, Pastor Alvin Cooper, Anthony Thostenson, Alicia Lizaazo,
• Thursday, January 21st: Cooper Routh, his 5th, Joshua Dobberstein and Gerald Wobshcall
• Friday, January 22nd: Reese Hendrickson, Taylor Lunning, Christian Sletten, Tom Haried, Lyle Shaunce, Barbara Van Gorkom, Jeff Miller, Heather Sargent
• Saturday, January 23rd: Eugene Worke, "Emeritus" Bob Hanson, Eugene Cornelius, Rodney Sorenson, Dean Broitzman, Garnet Folie, Jeff Miller, Chris Paulson
• Sunday, January 24th: Morgan Sophia Luhring, her 10th; Renee Polzin, Greg Menefee, Mary Cunningham, Trevor Tracy
• Monday, January 25th: Calvin Thomas VanderStoep, his 6th; Sophia Mabel Olivia Mrotz, Max Thomas Powers Brekke, his 7th; Emma Meiners, her 7th; Paula Olson, Vernon Simonson, Lana Thompsen, Troy Phagan, Ladawn Hatch
May your special day be a happy memory and tomorrow a bright new promise.