I am a jigsaw addict and it occurs to me our crusade for a cure for cancer is much like the puzzles I put together. Each of us is different and yet we fit together to achieve a complete picture.
It is only fitting that we thank all those "pieces of the puzzle" – the organizers, the hosts, the auctioneers, the runners, the bookkeepers, those who solicited for donations, those who donate, those who bid and those who buy – everyone who helps in any way.
When you put them all together it is a "perfect picture" of what can be done when people work together. It means a lot to me as I'm sure it does to a lot of other people.
God says, "If you say Thank You" that is enough. That seems so little but I guess it says it all. THANK YOU!
In all the years of watching and being a part of the Geneva Cancer Auctions I am always amazed at what goes on. It is remarkable! It doesn't happen without a lot of dedication, sweat labor, mental thinking, dedication and love.
It is time I publicly say, "Thank You" to all those who work so hard to make this a success, giving of their time to make this what it is. I know you'll understand how inadequate words are to describe the joy and wonder I feel about everyone who has been a part of the Geneva Cancer Fundraising activities. When I try to define the special meaning this means to my life - I can't.
So I will just say "thank you" – and know you'll understand.
Whitey and LaJune
When hearts touch each other -life unfolds its wings of love. Life is people and places - old and new. Things to be discovered as we work together for a common cause. When something is important to your life you know you're on the right track and the good we see is to win.
Thank you! You two are so very special to many, many people. You're sensational!
Like a voice in the darkness - what would we do without someone to speak for us and give us direction? Have you ever thought of the value of the words and numbers you speak and what it means to others? Some things are so valuable, they are priceless. I, among many, appreciate what you do in this cause to find a cure!
Barb & Jack and the crew
at the Geneva Bar and Grill
We are all together on this journey of life, sharing each other’s joys and sorrows. What is important is that it brings us as one to achieve a beatable goal. Thanks to you and your crew for all the extra hours of time and labor you put into make this believable. Words can never really express how much this means to me.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, to those who have been touched by cancer who continue to find many different ways to also help in this cause to FIND A CURE! The Wild Game Feed, the Matt Felt and Dillon Gordon Run, the Motorcycle Rides, the Golf Outing, the Hot Looks For A Cure Calendar, the "Locks For Love," special raffles, as well as so much more which have all been an important part of the complete picture as well. Having been hurt, they turn their loss into love by promoting causes to help someone else.
We are all different but we have a common cause: Love and care of our fellow man. We have all known heartache and we have felt the warmth of togetherness that has been brought to us all through our efforts as we work together for its rewards.
It is comforting to know we can count on each other to understand, to share our deepest feelings and trust that our work will be beneficial.
"Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love." –Mother Teresa
If you have an idea for a story that you would like to see covered in your newspaper, contact me or the Star Eagle office.
Some of our Star Eagle readers have commented they like to read about events such as family and school reunions, birthdays and anniversaries, and birth and wedding announcements. In order to read about these important things we need our faithful readers to pass along the information to us.
Birthdays and anniversaries:
• Thursday, Feb. 13: Cobi Gowlland, Becca Spurr, Greg Spurr, Jim Brocker, Eric Olson, Linda Ingvaldson, Bonnie Jensen, Brian Rechtzigel, Anita Kes, Terry & Pam Roberts
• Friday, Feb. 14: Happy Valentines Day! Angie Entwisle, Elsie Vander Stoep, Michelle Peterson, Matthew Reiter, Angela Westrum Lair, Lee & Jean Johnson, Bob & Mary Macko, Gene & Linda Pederson
• Saturday, Feb. 15: Kloe Renee Wacek, Nancy Cornelius, Patty Kunkel, Eric Olson, Adam Warnke, Ron Jensen, Michelle Hanson, Angie O'Byrne, Elina Butler and John Pfaff
• Sunday, Feb. 16: Delores Hemingway, Marian Horan, Jesse Lund, Wayne Jensen, David Peterson, Sara Miller, Sarah Nelson, Ian Oolman, Tanya Callahan, LeAnn Hanson, Donald & Dory Hunt
• Monday, Feb. 17: Toni Wayne Smith, Nancy Johnson Erickson, Thomas Farr, Keith Wayne, Dave Von Gorkom, Dawn Pence Gross, Brian Dobberstein, Joan Richards, Joan Kaphers, Michelle Cortinas, Carolyn LaFave, Shannon Weckwerth Pacholl, Alvin & Cheryl Cooper
• Tuesday, Feb. 18: Kris Munson McDonald, Janice Waage, Zola Wayne, Jamie Kunkel Riley, Brad & Rachel Lerum
• Wednesday, Feb. 19: Abraham Peterson, Allison Schmidt, Eleanor Schember, Maklela Larkin, Deedee Hunt, Jason Jensen, Teri Ravenhorst, Marjorie Solberg
Sending you heartfelt wishes for a wonderful birthday!